Saturday, September 13, 2008

Andria's surprise room makeover.

Dave's cousin Andria and her husband Jared moved here about 2 years ago. We have loved having them around and are so grateful they put up with all of us. They just moved into a new house this summer. Last month, they took a trip out to Hawaii and while they were gone, we did a surprise makeover of their room. I'm especially happy to say that I even made the bed and floating nightstand (thanks to Jared for the tools and guidance on that one!). So, here is the finished project!

Their flight got home at about midnight, so it was pretty late when they got home. They got to their bedroom door and saw this:

Once they opened the door:
Andria has some really cool Chinese fans and so we framed this one. Jill picked out the perfect scrapbook paper to use for the matte. I think it may be one of my favorite parts of the room. Well, who am I kidding... I loved so many projects from this space! (see we even use decorator terms..."space")
Here is a closeup of one of the floating nightstands that I'm so proud of.
the beautifully accessorized dresser
Just another shot of the bed

4 comments:

bethiepoos said...

its soo beautiful I LOVE it!!!!!

bethiepoos said...

and cheryl........... 2 people have now voted for the puke!!! whats going on???????

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

the room looks great! I love the colors.

Andria said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE what you've done to my room!!! it's now my fav room in the house!