Saturday, September 13, 2008

Beautiful Beth's

Here we now are touring Beth's Beautiful home. As you can tell, she has a very great style and loves the country/shabby chic look.

Originally, this was the first room in the house--this picture was taken standing in the front door. They turned it into a dining room.
Here it is as a dining room. It is the first room you walk into. The hutch is actually a dresser. It was originally a medium oak that we painted and antiqued. For a while, it served as a TV stand:

The kitchen. We didn't get a completely before picture. This one was taken mid-makeover. Originally, the walls were a dark caramel color. Here they had already painted them blue, but as you will notice that didn't stick. This is the kitchen and family room completely done. One thing we like in this is the kitchen chairs. This was just a cheap kitchen set from K-mart, but we spray painted each of the chairs a different color to add some more character.
Here is a little bit closer look at the kitchen. These cabinets were a base dark oak when they moved in. My brother put wainscoting over the laminate panel in the middle of the cabinets and then painted them white and added the pulls. This is one place where we are shooting ourselves for not taking the before picture because you just can't begin to understand the difference it made! I tried to blow this picture up so you could see the details, but it wasn't the clearest picture to start with, so it you still can't see too much. Too bad! So cute!
Here is the little boys bedroom:Here is the guest room. Beth is the only girl in her house, so the guest room went all girl!
Here is the downstairs family room. We need some opinions: this house is about to go on the market and realtor thinks this wall should be painted over the same caramel as rest of the walls. What do you think? Keep the stripes or go with an all brown theme? Vote on the pole at the top!

The play room: This was once a large open room into the family room, but my little brother close this part off. We love it!
This closet door is covered with chalkboard spray so the kids can draw on it.The Office:
Here it is before......and here it is after...

The is a cool idea from a neighbor of ours. These are just regular clip boards that had paper modge-podged on it. In the picture 2 above there are little pineapple cans hanging on the mirror that also had scrap book paper modge-podged.

Here is the Master. Please admire all the amazing paneling. We just love it! It has such a cute rustic look. My little brother is the author of all the paneling.

The Master Bath
Here we are in the nursery:

7 comments:

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I must know how mark did the paneling on the master bed wall. it looks great! I think I might try it if I only knew how. Beautiful house beth! I really like the wall in the tv room very unique!

Cheryl said...

Christina, if you like the wall, vote to keep it! I think you might have a voted a no by mistake because so far I have all the yes votes accounted for...please revote because we need to get the right results!!!

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

The stripes, I like but if they are getting ready to sell the will need to sadly paint over them. it makes it more marketable. but you all already know all that, seeing as how everyone moves around to new homes.

Sally said...

Hey Cheryl, would you consider taking on a long distance project? I am having serious upsetedness over my new family room downstairs and I need some guidance. I don't want to make a million holes in my brand new beautifulness, at least until everything is where I'm sure I'll want it, but it looks pretty bare and I don't like it. If I sent you good pictures of the stuff I like and want to put up in there, and the arrangement of the room (bad) would you help me? Thank you Cheryl, you're my only hope. I want it to look like Beth's house. In fact, I want to buy Beth's house.

Cheryl said...

Sally Jane, you flatter me! Please sent pictures and I'll pretend to decorate it. Actually, I'll show Jill. Accessorizing and finalizing is totally her thing. Better yet, just come and buy Beth's house! It's right across the street from me! I'll not let anyone else buy it until you come and get it!

bethiepoos said...

ooh cheryl,
the office "before" picture is rather embarrasing!!!!!!

Erin A said...

Woman! Everything is astounding!! Where do you possibly find the energy and time? I'm completely impressed! I adore the striped wall!!!! If only I could buy it...